Wednesday, February 2, 2011

My Bed

I love my bed here. It’s a twin. It has a firm (not bouncy or springy at all), but comfy mattress. My comforter is my favorite part. My room is so cold as it’s all the way on the third floor and I’m usually freezing when I jump into bed. However, in just a couple minutes the comforter has somehow trapped my body heat and provided a very warm, cozy spot for me to sleep.

I find my mind comes alive when I lie down to go to sleep, which can get rather frustrating. But once I’m asleep, rarely do I awake until I hear the loud, fast paced beeping of my annoying, but necessary, alarm clock. Too many adjectives? Perhaps.

I stained a piece of furniture for Mechthild the other day. I have no previous experience in this but she let me do it anyways! I just wiped some stuff on and let it dry and wah-la! It turned out good, I think. The TV is now occupying the freshly furnished stand. They look wonderful together! It’s like they were made for each other. Speaking of furniture, Mechthild has a giant piece of furniture that’s over 500 years old! Ridiculous.


Cute, right?

5 comments:

  1. my room here is always soooo hot! so annoying. I don't need covers I night. I'd rather be cold so I could snuggle up in my comforter too! That's cool that you stained that piece of furniture, and even cooler about the 500 year old piece of furniture! How neat is that? that's pretty neat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christyn, wow!!! You stained a piece of furniture without any previous experience! You're so talented! What is the giant piece of furniture?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you are cozy in bed sweetie! Post pics from Germany on that blog, ok? Love, mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christy, huge favor to ask. Could you send me a picture of that 500 year-old piece of furniture and tell me about it? I love antiques and knowing you knew someone and etc... If it's possible, send it to my email (tdsack@earthlink.net).
    Thanks and love ya, Aunt Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will do that, Diane! I can't promise it will be tomorrow. BUT it will be sometime relatively soon!

    ReplyDelete